Are You Struggling with Dry Eyes?
Dry eye disease is a widespread and common issue for up to 49 million Americans. This chronic condition can have a significant impact on your quality of life, causing a foreign body sensation in your eyes, pain, blurry vision, and dry or watery eyes. Untreated, it can even lead to further eye health complications.
We’re proud to offer OptiLight by Lumenis to our patients, specially designed for dry eye management.Book Appointment
What Is OptiLight by Lumenis?
OptiLight by Lumenis is a light-based, non-invasive treatment done in the area below the eyes to manage dry eye. The first and only intense pulsed light (IPL) FDA-approved for dry eye management.
The treatment is safe, gentle, and is backed by more than 20 clinical studies.
Understanding Dry Eyes
Dry eye disease is a condition that occurs when your eyes don’t get adequate lubrication from your tears to keep them moist and comfortable. This is often a result of your eyes not producing enough tears or producing tears that are low quality.
Your tears are made up of 3 distinct layers:
- The oily layer prevents your tears from evaporating too quickly
- The watery layer delivers nutrients to your eyes
- The mucus layer keeps your tear film stuck to the surface of your eyes
If there’s an issue with any one of these layers, it can lead to dry eye disease.
How Does OptiLight Work?
OptiLight uses precise pulses of light to reduce the inflammation that is typically associated with dry eye disease, improve tear break-up time, and increase meibomian gland functionality.
This application can significantly relieve dry eye indicators and has a multi-factorial effect, including:
- Increasing tear break-up time
- Reducing the amount of demodex mites and bacteria living around your eyes
- Eliminating blood vessels that contribute to inflammation
- Improving meibomian gland functionality
Is OptiLight by Lumenis Right for Me?
While OptiLight by Lumenis is an effective dry eye management solution, we want to make sure it’s right for you. We do not recommend this treatment if you:
- Are taking certain medications
- Have active acne
- Suffer from certain skin disorders
- Are susceptible to keloid scarring
- Have severe scarring
- Have severely sunburned recently
Ultimately, your doctor is the only person who can determine whether this option is right for you. During your next appointment, ask us if you are a good candidate for OptiLight by Lumenis.
You Don’t Have to Live With Dry Eye Anymore
Dry, irritated eyes can be managed with a new treatment that brings comfort and can restore quality of life. Visit your eye doctor to get an accurate diagnosis and a treatment plan tailored to your needs.Book Appointment
We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of eye health and vision care in both service and products and by producing educated, loyal, confident patients. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or with any eye care related needs!
- 33 Lincoln Street
- Worcester, MA 01605
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed