Accidents Happen, Let Us Help
Eye injuries or trauma to the eye area can be stressful and frightening. Your eyesight is precious, and anything that might put it at risk needs to be dealt with immediately.
When an accident occurs, call our office right away. We will assess your situation and recommend next steps. We provide emergency care in office or you can call our main office line which is also a 24-hour emergency call line.
If our office is closed, you should proceed to your nearest hospital.Book Appointment
Types of Eye Emergencies
Common eye emergencies we can treat include:
- Corneal abrasions (scratches on the eye’s surface)
- Foreign objects stuck in the eye
- Chemical splashes or burns
- Infections like conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- Flashes, floaters, or retinal detachment
- Eye diseases
Symptoms That Might Mean an Eye Emergency
While most eye emergencies involve noticeable symptoms or trauma, other eye emergencies are not as obvious. Any sudden changes to your vision should be considered an eye care emergency.
Sudden onset of any of the following symptoms may also indicate an emergency:
- Burning or stinging
- Pupils that differ in size
- Bulging eyes
- Severe eye pain
- Double vision
- Redness or itching
- Bruising or bleeding
- Severe itching
- Sudden headache
- Discharge from the eye
- Eyes not moving together
Call our office immediately should you experience any of these issues.
DOs & DON’Ts
In the event of an eye emergency, here are some DOs and DON’Ts to guide you:
- DO flush your eye with cold water in the event of chemical contact.
- DO clean your hands before touching your eye.
- DO lightly cover the eye without applying pressure.
- DO seek immediate medical attention.
- DO NOT use tools anywhere near the eye area.
- DO NOT rub the eye or apply pressure of any kind.
- DO NOT try to remove any large foreign objects.
- DO NOT apply any medications, drops, or ointments.
- DO NOT remove contact lenses (except in the case of a chemical splash).
We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of eye health and vision care in both service and products and by producing educated, loyal, confident patients. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or with any eye care related needs!
- Phone: 508-757-4160
- Fax: 508-757-0627
- Email: [email protected]
- 33 Lincoln Street
- Worcester, MA 01605
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed